After writing down the dissertation, the next step is to defend your dissertation. When you are going to defend a dissertation, then you will have to explain three important things. First of all, you will have to explain the main problem of your dissertation. Secondly, you should try to explain the importance of your dissertation. Thirdly, you should try to provide a brief idea about the results of your dissertation. The dissertation defence depends upon the two important components. First of all, there comes the presentation of your findings. In the second, there come the answers to the questions of the dissertation committee members.
Tips to prepare the dissertation defence presentation
The dissertation defence presentation should be made in the form of the PowerPoint slides. If you are not able to prepare the dissertation defence presentation in the form of the PowerPoint slides, then you can get help from the dissertation writing services. The best tips to prepare the dissertation defence presentation are given below;
- First of all, you should try to get an idea about the outline of the dissertation defence The outline of the dissertation defence presentation consists of the main objectives of conducting the dissertation research, theoretical framework of the dissertation, research methodology, findings, and recommendations.
- To prepare the slides for your dissertation defence in the PowerPoint, you should be very careful. The best tips in this regard are that there is no need to copy the slides from any resource and paste them in your own dissertation defense presentation, you should try to show consistency throughout your presentation like the font and the size of the words should be same, and never forget to add some visual aids in your dissertation defense.
- There is no need to use the default settings of the PowerPoint in your slides. You should try to show some innovative things and try to adjust each and everything according to your own choice.
- There is no need to add the detail of everything in the PowerPoint slides. You should try to add the main points of your dissertation and try to explain these points before the dissertation committee members.
- While preparing the dissertation defence presentation, you should try to take an extra care about the time required to defend the dissertation.
Tips to prepare yourself for the questions of the dissertation committee members
No doubt, during the dissertation defence process, the dissertation committee members will ask some questions about the dissertation. The best tips to prepare yourself for the questions of the dissertation committee members are given below;
- You should try to take a brief overview of the dissertation. Its reason is that all the questions will be asked from your dissertation.
- Try to memorize the main objects of the dissertation, the main findings of the dissertation, and the main problems of the dissertation.
- You should try to get an idea about the audience of the dissertation defence. Moreover, you should also try to get an idea about their background knowledge.
- You should try to get help from the senior students in order to get an idea about the kinds of the questions that are asked by the dissertation committee members.